Friday, June 21, 2013

What a difference a zoom lens makes

.
Here are photos of Blue Heron Dance Company's production of Romeo and Juliet, taken by house photographer extraordinaire Mike Urban.

It is hard for me not to critique the set. We were going for simplicity(especially given the time constraints), so I created a color fade that would appear to seamlessly go from floor to sky, which meant some serious color matching to blend it in with the dance flooring. The atmospheric color ended up being my favorite part of it. I debated adding architectural elements, which ended up being my less favorite part. The hope was that they would help define when the setting was indoor (windows) and when it was outdoor (columns). In the end, I think our less is more concept was the way to go. We reused the side flat curtain paintings which were once again the highlight of the set. I love the above photo of dancers Sam and Katherine in acrobatic embrace.

These beautiful pics and more can be viewed and purchased from Mike Urban's website.





No comments:

Post a Comment