Saturday, November 24, 2012

I'm bored. I think I'll go paint a wall.

In former days, I might have gotten in trouble for painting on walls.  But I have discovered that if you "volunteer" to paint it, and you call it a "mural," it's all good. Context is everything. 

Here is the "before" and "after" of a stairwell in my school.  A couple of years ago, a mural was done by gluing student paintings onto the wall.  Unfortunately, the paper began peeling off about fifteen minutes later, leaving the wall looking tattered.  For the last year, I have been on a mission to replace it with a river/stream mural, with mosaic salmon to follow.  So it turns out that the best way to get something done is to actually just do it, to just get off facebook for Pete's sake and go paint a wall!

While I was painting it I thought, "Am I incredibly stupid, painting a mural at the same time I am working on set painting?  How much can one back take?"
I also thought, "Am I incredibly unrealistic, thinking I can paint a mural in a day?"
No and no.

So to all you slackers going to your "jobs" and making dinner for your "families," I have one thing to say: Go paint a wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment